The National Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (NBFAA) recommends these steps for consumers seeking the services of a reputable and experienced burglar & fire alarm installing company:
5 Tips for Consumers selecting a Security System
1. Ask the companies if they conduct any pre-employment screening.
2. Ask your insurance agent, friends, family or neighbors for referrals.
3. After you have narrowed the field to three or four alarm companies,ask for the name of the person who will call on you. Consider planning the appointment time when all members of your household are present.
4. When he/she visits, ask to see some company identification.
5. Ask each alarm company representative for an inspection, recommendation and a quote in writing. Use a checklist to compare different packages and price quotes.
Fire: Every 2 Hours, Someone in the United States dies from a Fire!
1. Test smoke detectors Semi-annually with smoke! Recommend a photocell smole detectors in every bedroom.
2. Place fire extinguishers in garages, workshops, one on every level of home and most importantly in your personal vehicles.
3. Develop a fire escape plan with a designated rally point and practice at least twice a year.
4. Replace your plastic dryer vent hose with a metal flame resistant hose.
5. Have carbon monoxide detectors installed to safegaurd your family.
6. Electrical companies recommend flipping the electrical breakers annually.
7. Don't be careless! Be Prepared!